Why You Should Take Advantage of a Casino Welcome Bonus
One of the most important features players look for in online casinos are their bonuses. Almost all casinos offer their players welcome bonuses which, as the name implies, “welcome” the players to their particular casino site. But what is a welcome bonus? Are there any conditions you should meet? What do you need to consider before you choose a welcome bonus?
What is the Welcome Bonus?
A casino Sign Up Bonus is offered by almost every online casino to entice new players to try out their range of casino games and not limiting themselves at the start. Welcome bonuses are available in a wide variety of forms, but the most common is a “deposit match bonus,” which basically means that the bonus amount you will receive depends on how much money you upload into your casino account on your first deposit. For example, a 100% matchup bonus would mean that you will receive an additional $200 on your account if you deposit $200 for the first time. If the Sign Up Bonus offers a 200% matchup, then you will receive an additional $400 in your casino account for your $200 deposit, for a total of $600 as balance in your casino account. Matchup bonuses vary, but they usually range from 100% up to as much as 300% depending on the casino you choose to play at.
In many cases, you can also expect to receive several free spins along with your first deposit Welcome Bonus. You might be limited to only use these free spins on certain slots games that the casino wants you to try out, or the free spins might be open to all slots games offered by the casino.
Another option for a welcome bonus extra could be a free play bonus, which doesn't require you to deposit any money in your casino account at all, but might be limited to certain games or come with an expiration date.
But before you claim any kind of Welcome Bonus, you should first check the Terms & Conditions, the wagering requirements and if your Welcome Bonus is cashable.
Basically, a casino Sign Up Bonus is divided into two main types, namely:
- Cashable - this refers to bonuses that you can withdraw after you meet the wagering requirements.
- Non-cashable - this are bonuses that you can use to wager and can withdraw the winnings, but you won’t be able to withdraw the bonus money itself.
How Welcome Bonuses Work?
In most cases, a Welcome Bonus can only be claimed one time, although there are cases where you can spread it over the first few deposits you make. You might consider a Welcome Bonus as extra play money you can use to bet on your favourite casino games, thus allowing you to get more chances of winning prizes.
Welcome bonuses typically come with wagering requirements which you should meet before you can withdraw your winnings. Wagering requirements refer to a multiplier indicating how many times you need to play through a certain bonus before you can withdraw the winnings you acquired through the bonus money. This only means that unless you meet the requirements, you won’t be able to cash out your winnings or the bonus. Wagering requirements vary from one casino to another, although in most cases they will range from x10 to x30. However, there are casinos that have even higher requirements.
While wagering requirements are common in most online casinos, there are some welcome bonuses that don’t come with wagering requirements. Hence, it is important to read about the bonus information on every online casino in order to know the terms and conditions they set and know if you can withdraw the bonus money.
How to Claim your Bonus
To claim your welcome bonus, you need to check how the casino handles its promotions. In case a casino makes use of bonus codes, you will need to enter them in order to redeem the bonus. However, there are some casinos that will require you to send your bonus code to the support team.
Usually, welcome bonuses don’t come with bonus codes, and the bonus will be automatically added to your account after your first deposit. However, you will have to make the minimum deposit into your account before you can be eligible for the bonus. The minimum deposit depends on an online casino’s terms and conditions.
How to Cash Out your Bonus
It is possible to cash out a welcome bonus once it has been released. To release your welcome bonus, you need to fulfill the wagering requirement specified. The number of times you need to wager your bonus will vary from casino to casino. You can always look for such information in the online casino itself, particularly in its fine print.
In order to take full advantage of welcome bonuses, here are a few tips you should consider:
- Register an account in as many online casinos as you can in order to get a new welcome bonus with every deposit you make.
- Upon your first deposit, make sure you can get the maximum bonus possible. For example, if the bonus is 100% of your first deposit up to a maximum of 200 dollars, it would be best to deposit 200 dollars at once to reap the maximum bonus. This is because you can only get your welcome bonus upon your first deposit. Therefore, if you deposit 100 dollars on your first day, you will only end up receiving the welcome bonus within that day.
- Keep an eye on the wagering requirements and stick with online casinos that come with the lowest wagering requirement. As much as possible, avoid those casinos that have wagering requirements of 30x or even higher. Also, if possible, try to look for online casinos that don’t have any wagering requirements.