Online Roulette Overview, Guide, and a Few Tips
Roulette is one of the oldest casino games and the rules are very easy to understand. It's a true game of chance, but there are many strategies you could try, mostly based on mathematical probabilities of random chances. Ultimately it all boils down to how lucky you can get. Its random nature alone is more than enough to attract a lot of players from all around the world. When it comes to an online setting, the experience gets even more intense.
What to Expect when You Play Online Roulette
The game of roulette comes with several betting options, and it’s not possible to control the location the ball will land after a spin. It means your luck will play the deciding factor of whether you will win or not. That said, let us take a look at the types of bet you can choose when playing in online roulette sites:
- Inside bet - it is when you place your bet on one or more numbers within the grid. The numbers range from 0 (or 00 in an American roulette) to 36, with colors either red or black.
- Outside bet - it is when you place your bets outside the grid. By placing an outside bet, you will have an increased chance of winning on every spin. Since they are outside the number grid, you can choose to place your bet on a group of numbers. For example, you can choose to bet on the first 12, the second 12, and so on. You can even bet on all the red numbers or all black.
You also have the option of combining your bets. For example, you can bet on all red numbers as outside bet, and bet on a red number as an inside bet. This way, you can increase your chances of winning and even receive bigger rewards.
Several Variations of Online Roulette
Roulette games are available in certain variations, each having its own rules which is unique from others. For example, European Roulette comes with even better odds compared to American Roulette. It’s because the latter comes with an extra 00, and that means the casino will have a better advantage since a ball that lands on 0 or 00 will count as the house’s win. Several casinos offer both European and American roulette and you should choose the version which you’re more comfortable with.
There are also certain rules that apply in some versions. Here are some of them:
- La Partage - this is where the player will only lose half of his bet in the event the ball lands on 0 when placing an outside bet. However, this rule doesn’t apply to any inside bet you place.
- En Prison - this is simply a variation of La Partage. When the ball lands on 0, you won’t get half of your bet back. Instead, your inside bet will be placed “in prison” until the next spin. If you win the next spin, you can get your bet outside of the prison for free. However, if you lose, you will end up losing them all.
What to Look for Before you Play Roulette Online
An experienced gambler knows that in order to increase his chances of winning real money from online roulette sites, it is important to look for a set of features. Here are some roulette features which you should consider and how they can help your overall gaming experience:
- A high payout percentage - ideally, choose an online roulette site that offers a payout percentage of at least 97%. The higher the payout percentage, the higher amount of money you can get once you win. For example, a payout percentage of 97% would mean that you will receive $97 for every $100 you win. The remaining $3 will proceed to the casino. Take note, however, that payout percentage is calculated every month and will depend upon the total number of players in a casino. However, the higher percentage the better.
- Availability of various versions - an online casino with several variations of roulette allows you to choose which version you’re comfortable playing with. There’s American Roulette, European Roulette, Royal Roulette, and even French Roulette.
- Quality gameplay and graphics - needless to say, the higher the quality and graphics offered by an online roulette casino, the more immersive your experience becomes.
- Excellent customer support - since you’re dealing with an online casino, you will need all the help you can get especially if you’re still learning the ropes. An excellent customer support will get you covered every time you need help or have some questions that need immediate answers.